You may be wondering: ‘Is using a disinfectant always necessary? What about scrubbing surfaces with household cleaners or soap and hot water? What’s the protocol?’ According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) both are appropriate but both are not always necessary. While disinfecting is beneficial, it isn’t always required unless an individual/employee in your workplace falls ill. In most cases, the CDC says regular or consistent cleaning can remove the majority of virus particles on surfaces. Here are three steps you can take make sure your office is germ free:
- High touch surfaces like remotes, light switches, and door handles should be cleaned regularly.
- If an employee falls ill, make sure to clean the above areas more often.
- Always make sure to use a cleaning product suitable for each surface; properly following the instructions on the label.
Reduce contamination of surfaces
- If an individual in your office has contracted COVID-19, make sure they isolate.
- Properly disinfect any areas the individual has come in contact with.
- Have everyone in the office thoroughly and frequently wash their hands as well as wipe down surfaces.
- Always follow directions on the label. Adhere to any guidelines regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves, goggles, masks, etc.
- Verify it has a disinfecting agent – for COVID-19, make sure it has properties that are effective against eliminating the virus.
- Clean any visibly dirty surfaces or surfaces that have blood or bodily fluids on it. Use only the amount recommended; making sure to not mix products.
- Ensure proper health safety ventilation when disinfecting by keeping doors and windows open or using a fan.
Immediately after disinfecting, wash hands with soap and water for a complete 20 seconds. Even if you wore gloves, remove them appropriately and wash your hands. If soap and water are not available, utilize a hand sanitizer that is 60% alcohol.
Remember to always store cleaning products out of reach of children and animals in a dry and safe area.
Office and Commercial Cleaning of West Virginia Can Help!
Running an effective business takes a lot of work; cleaning your office shouldn’t. Office and Commercial Cleaning of West Virginia (OCCWV) can help! Let OCCWV offer you top cleaning services with environmentally-friendly products to help you get your job done in a safe and healthy atmosphere.
We are open to on-site visits or request a call to develop a custom plan and schedule that fits your company’s cleaning needs. Just call 304-768-6309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!