Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment in which your employees can be most efficient is crucial to the success of your business. If ignored, commercial cleaning can be a hassle to control and sustain. Proper time management and organization helps keep your company on track with your mission. Here are OCCWV’s tips to maintain the utmost sanitary environment for your business.
First and foremost, with a busy schedule, it is important to organize and manage your time as best as possible. Especially when it comes to commercial cleaning your offices and facilities. Each business will require its own unique schedule based upon the number of employees, office or facilities type, and more. Below are what should be cleaned and how often.
These are simple cleaning tasks that can be done on a daily basis to keep a neat work environment for your employees to effectively do their job.
- Always vacuum commonly used areas.
- Empty full or foul-smelling garbage cans, especially those that will be around your clients.
- Wipe down any commonly used countertops, door handles, and lightswitches. Don’t forget glass surfaces, targeting those with fingerprints or smears.
- Mop floors with tile, concrete or hardwood.
- Keep soap dispensers, toilet paper, and paper towel holders filled.
- Disinfect entire bathroom areas, including sinks, countertops, and toilets.
- Delegate dirty dishes to the sink or dishwasher only. Make sure to scrub or run the dishwasher daily.
Here, some tasks that may not need to be completed daily, but should not be ignored for more than a week.
- Hard surfaces should be polished.
- Garbage cans, refrigerator, and microwave should be wiped clean and all liners replaced.
- Inside and outside of windows, door panels, etc. should be cleaned.
- All electronic equipment should be wiped down.
These cleaning duties should be done on a monthly basis in order to keep your facility’s work environment safe and healthy.
- Vacuum or mop all chairs, seating areas, and floors
- Disinfect all surfaces, seating areas, desks, tables, etc.
- Vacuum out/replace any vents
- Dust all areas, including fans making sure to start from top to bottom
OCCWV Can Help!
Creating a cleaning and disinfecting list is easy. Sticking to the schedule, however, is easier said than done. OCC offers a variety of services adjustable to your schedule and your unique business needs. Let OCC take care of cleaning and disinfecting your facilities so you can focus on your top priority: running your business. Your company’s, employees’, and clients’ health and safety needs will be our top priority.
Some Services OCC Offers!
- Comprehensive commercial cleaning
- Specialized services
- Contract janitorial services
- Specialty floor care
- Green cleaning
- Construction/ relocation clean up
We are open to on-site visits or request a call to develop a custom plan and schedule that fits your company’s cleaning needs. Just call 304-768-6309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!